Q: I am having a problem syncing my contacts from my computer to my iPad. On the page where I should list Gmail as the contact site I want to sync, it will not allow me to change Outlook to Gmail. The contacts are in Gmail, but I used to use Outlook and I suspect that's the reason it is coming up on the page. It will not let me put in anything else, which is why I'm stumped.
A: Assuming you are using iTunes, here is how you can sync your Gmail contacts.
1. Connect iPad to your computer (Windows or Mac system). iTunes should open automatically on the computer; otherwise you can open it manually.
2. Click your iPad listing under "devices" on the left side of the iTunes window.
3. Then click "Info" tab and click to tick option "Sync address book contacts."
4. At the bottom of the screen, click to tick "Sync Google contacts" option, and then click "Configure" button next to it.
5. A new window will pop-up showing Google Contacts Terms, click Agree button on it. Then enter login details of your Gmail/Google account to start the sync process.
If for some reason you don't see any of this, ensure that your iTunes is updated to the latest version.
-- Answer from Nicholas Trudeau, a tech specialist on JustAnswer.
Daily Answer is excerpted from the JustAnswer archives and features information provided by a Expert on JustAnswer.