(Photo: Flickr/Tom Mooring)
Q: I have a history of heart problems in my family. Dad died from his only heart attack at age 56. I'm 29 and overweight, but I'm trying to lose the extra pounds. What else might I do to prevent future heart problems for me?
A: The best thing to do to avoid heart problems is to lead a healthy lifestyle. These 6 guidelines should help:
1. Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day.
2. Exercise at least 30 minutes 6 times per week.
3. Add Omega-3 fish oil to your diet.
4. Keep your cholesterol and blood pressure down.
5. Don't smoke or drink alcohol.
6. Lose weight if you are considered overweight.
-- Answer from Dr. Phil M., a physician on JustAnswer.
Daily Answer is excerpted from the JustAnswer archives and features information provided by a Expert on JustAnswer.
Follow JustAnswer on Twitter or like us on Facebook to get useful daily updates.